Licensing of website material
The Department of the Environment and Energy (the Department) encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information provided on this website on an open and reusable basis.
The Commonwealth of Australia owns the copyright in all material produced by the Department.
All material presented on this website is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence, with the exception of:
- the Coat of Arms of the Commonwealth of Australia
- the Department's logo
- content supplied by third parties, and
- other materials specifically not provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence.
The details of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website, as is the full legal code for the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
The Department's social media channels
- you may use all material posted by the Department on these channels under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence, and
- material posted by any person other than the Department, such as public users of the Department's social media channels, is deemed to be made available to you by that person under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence as a condition of use of that channel.
Material obtained from this website is to be attributed to the Department as: © Commonwealth of Australia 2017.
Third party copyright
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly.
The Department has made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to the material being presented on this website.
No circumvention of terms
Using the Coat of Arms of the Commonwealth of Australia
Using the Department's logo
The Department's logo is a registered trademark of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The logo must not be used without the prior, specific, written permission of the Commonwealth of Australia. If you wish to seek permission, please contact the Department.